- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Cream together room temperature butter, peanut butter, vanilla, eggs (one at a time) and brown sugar in mixer.
- In separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, alternating with buttermilk. Add in 1/3 flour mixture then 1/2 cup of buttermilk, another 1/3 of flour mixture, remaining buttermilk, then remaining flour.
- Bake in two 9in round cake pans at 350 for 25-35 minutes.